#1 Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Malibu: Workers’ Comp Explained
People get hurt on the job all the time in Malibu. If you’ve been injured in a Malibu accident at work or are sick because of a condition you’ve encountered from your workplace, you may be eligible to file for Worker Compensation. By talking to a Worker Compensation Attorney Malibu, you can find out if your injury qualifies and learn the best course of action to take in your particular case.
Workers’ Compensation Malibu
Workers Compensation in Malibu is through the State of California. It provides wages and medical care coverage for workers who have been hurt on the job or who are sick because of the job or jobsite. Workers Comp coverage is paid for in a fund by employers – not employees. If the employer or insurance company confirms that the worker’s injury or illness is work related, Workers Compensation is paid to the worker.
California and Workers’ Compensation in Malibu
Employers in Malibu are required to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance – financial protection for injured employees which covers medical bills, lost wages, and other benefits. Malibu employers have the requirement of complying with state and federal safety regulations, like OSHA standards, to help protect their employees from workplace injuries and illnesses.
If an employee in Malibu is injured or becomes ill due to a work-related activity, they may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits. There are various qualifying factors which an attorney can explain more thoroughly.
Sometimes employers are required in California to provide additional benefits at times for injured employees, such as vocational training, rehabilitation, and other forms of assistance. To find out more, the injured or sick employee should contact the nearest Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board office in California to file a claim.
The Process of Filing Workers’ Compensation Complaints
California law states that if an employee believes their employer is not providing the required Workers’ Compensation benefits, they can file a complaint with the California Division of Workers’ Compensation. After an investigation is conducted to determine the validity of the complaint, the employer may be required to provide the employee with the benefits they are entitled to.
Workman’s Comp can get confusing. You will be wise to have legal counsel. Setting up an appointment to meet with a Workers Compensation Lawyer Malibu is a wise move.
Most Common Malibu Workers Compensation Claims
There are many work-related illnesses and injuries fall under the protection of Workman’s Compensation – even ones you may not be aware of. Some of the most common injuries that happen in Malibu include:
* Trip, Slip, and fall injuries: Slip and fall injuries occur when someone slips and falls due to an unsafe environment, such as a wet floor or a loose curb.* Traumatic brain injury: A traumatic brain injury is an injury to the brain caused by an external force, such as a fall, a blow to the head, or a car accident.
* Back injuries: Back injuries can result from lifting or carrying heavy objects or from a fall or car accident.
* Carpal tunnel syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by the compression of nerves in the wrist from repetitive motions, such as typing.
* Vision and hearing loss: Vision and hearing loss can occur due to long-term exposure to loud noises or hazardous materials.
* Repetitive stress injuries: Repetitive stress injuries are caused by repeated motions that cause strain and fatigue over time, such as typing or lifting.
* Occupational illnesses: Occupational illnesses are caused by exposure to hazardous substances, such as asbestos.
* Psychological injuries: Psychological injuries can result from traumatic events, such as a workplace accident.
You can rest assured your employer will have a legal team if he or she is not willing to provide the compensation you are due. Having an attorney of your own on your side is highly recommended. With a lawyer, you’ll not only stand the best chance of winning but also in getting the maximum settlement possible.
Best Workers’ Compensation Attorney Malibu
If you need an expert, highly skilled Workers Compensation Attorney Malibu, contact the #1 Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Malibu – the Law Offices of Jacob O. Partiyeli. Jacob O. Partiyeli is passionate about helping you reach the best Workers’ Comp outcome possible. Call today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation – (310) 801-1919.
CALL (310) 801-1919.
A true Angelino, Jacob was born and raised in the city of Los Angeles. He attended Beverly Hills High School and was accepted to UCLA where he received his undergraduate degree in history. Upon graduation from UCLA, Jacob went on to earn his law degree from Abraham Lincoln University School of Law.