Workers' Compensation Lawyer Downtown Los Angeles
There are over 500,000 people who work in Downtown Los Angeles. On a daily basis, work-related accidents take place. From on the job accidents to illnesses caused by substandard conditions in the workplace, many are unable to work due to issues from their place of employment.
If you’ve been hurt in a work accident or have fallen ill because of a condition of your workplace, you may be eligible to file for Worker Compensation. By speaking to a Worker Compensation Attorney Downtown Los Angeles, you can find out if your injury qualifies and if so, be advised of the best course of action to take.
Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Downtown Los Angeles
Workers Compensation, also known as Workers Comp or Workman’s Compensation, is provides wages and medical care cost coverage for workers who have been hurt on the job or who are sick because of the job or jobsite. Workers Comp coverage is paid for in a fund by employers. Employees don’t pay into the fund. If the employer or insurance company confirms that the worker’s injury or illness is work related, Workers Compensation is paid to the worker.
Downtown LA Workers Compensation Lawyer: What You Should Know
Downtown Los Angeles Workers Compensation is administered by the State of California’s Division of Workers’ Compensation. Employers in Downtown Los Angeles are required to purchase Workers’ Compensation Insurance, so they offer financial protection for injured employees which covers medical bills, lost wages, and other benefits. They are also required to comply with applicable state and federal safety regulations, such as OSHA standards, to help protect their employees from workplace injuries and illnesses.
Employers in California may also be required to provide additional benefits for injured employees, such as rehabilitation, vocational training, and other forms of assistance. If an employee in Downtown Los Angeles is injured or becomes ill due to a work-related activity, they may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits.
The injured or sick employee should contact the nearest Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board office in California to file a claim. If an employee believes their employer is not providing the required Workers’ Compensation benefits, they may file a complaint with the California Division of Workers’ Compensation. An investigation will be conducted to determine the validity of the complaint, and the employer may be required to provide the employee with the benefits they are entitled to.
As you can see, a Workman’s Comp issue can be a true headache. You won’t want to go it alone. Setting up an appointment to meet with a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Downtown Los Angeles is highly recommended.
Common Workers Compensation Injuries that Occur in Downtown Los Angeles
Many work-related illnesses and injuries fall under the protection of Workman’s Compensation. Some of the most common that happen in Los Angeles include:
* Back injuries: Back injuries can result from lifting or carrying heavy objects or from a fall or car accident.
* Carpal tunnel syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by the compression of nerves in the wrist from repetitive motions, such as typing.
* Vision and hearing loss: Vision and hearing loss can occur due to long-term exposure to loud noises or hazardous materials.
* Traumatic brain injury: A traumatic brain injury is an injury to the brain caused by an external force, such as a fall, a blow to the head, or a car accident.
* Trip, Slip, and fall injuries: Slip and fall injuries occur when someone slips and falls due to an unsafe environment, such as a wet floor or a loose curb.
* Repetitive stress injuries: Repetitive stress injuries are caused by repeated motions that cause strain and fatigue over time, such as typing or lifting.
* Occupational illnesses: Occupational illnesses are caused by exposure to hazardous substances, such as asbestos.
* Psychological injuries: Psychological injuries can result from traumatic events, such as a workplace accident.
Workmans Comp is an area of the law you don’t want to represent yourself in. If your employer is fighting taking responsibility, there will most likely be powerful attorneys working on his or her behalf. Having an attorney of your own is highly advisable. Furthermore, with an attorney, you’ll not only stand the best chance of winning but also in getting the maximum settlement possible.
Best Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Downtown Los Angeles
If you need an expert, experienced Worker’s Compensation Attorney Downtown Los Angeles, give the Law Offices of Jacob O. Partiyeli a call. Jacob O. Partiyeli will consult with you free of charge. You can trust Jacob to evaluate your case and if your injury or illness qualifies, he will assist you in navigating and winning it. Jacob O. Partiyeli will fight fiercely for your Workers Compensation. Call today – (310) 801-1919.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR CASEPlease fill out the form below.
A true Angelino, Jacob was born and raised in the city of Los Angeles. He attended Beverly Hills High School and was accepted to UCLA where he received his undergraduate degree in history. Upon graduation from UCLA, Jacob went on to earn his law degree from Abraham Lincoln University School of Law.