Uber Accident Attorney: Rideshare Attorney in Downey
Uber is a popular way to get around in Downey – especially since Uber headquarters are in San Francisco. If you hailed a ride only to end up hurt, you’re not alone. Hundreds of people each year are injured in Uber accidents.
If you’re expecting Uber to come to your rescue, you’re in for a surprise. Although the rideshare company does carry $1 million in insurance when a driver has a passenger in the vehicle, they don’t like to dish the money out. In fact, their goal is not to pay or to pay as little as possible. You’ll want to discuss your case with an Uber Accident Attorney in Downey.
If You’ve Been in an Uber Accident in Downey
There are some major things you need to know and things you’ll need to do if you are in an Uber accident in Downey. The actions you take following the wreck will greatly determine the outcome of the situation.
Complications and Exceptions
It’s possible that you were in an Uber wreck, but it wasn’t your driver’s fault. What do you do then? Perhaps your Uber driver wasn’t ensured or was breaking a law that disqualified him from being covered under Uber insurance such as drinking while driving? Maybe the Uber driver’s vehicle was over 10 years old which is clearly in violation of Uber policies.
If there were extenuating circumstances surrounding your Uber accident case, be sure to consult with a Downey Uber Accident Attorney.
- Tend to medical issues. Be sure everyone is alright – including yourself. If you are injured, don’t hesitate to go to the hospital. Some injuries don’t show up right away so if you suspect you have something wrong, go ahead and get x-rays or whatever the medics recommend. Keep all records.
- Report the accident immediately. Time is not on your side. The quicker you call the authorities, the better. If you cannot make the call, ask someone to do if for you such as a witness to the wreck.
- Accident report. Be sure to ask for a copy of the accident report. You will need this to proceed in a legal case against Uber.
- At this point, the situation may just be unraveling. Keep in mind there may be numerous parties at fault.
- Don’t talk. Aside from the paramedics or police, never tell anyone you are alright or anything else. You may be hurt and not know it. The less you say at this point, the better. You never know what might be misinterpreted – innocently or on purpose.
- Get contact information. If at all possible, get the names and contact information from witnesses on the scene. These will come in handy later.
- Know your rights. As a Uber passenger, you are entitled to certain rights such as a safe trip. You have other rights as well such as for the vehicle to not be over ten years old, for all seatbelts to be in working condition, for your driver to operate the vehicle in a safe manner, and more. If you are not familiar with your Uber passenger rights, it’s not too late.
- Consult with an Uber attorney. If you are wondering if you need an attorney to represent you – yes, you do. You don’t want to go an Uber accident lawsuit alone. Uber will be represented by powerful attorneys and you must be too. Call an attorney who specializes in such matters like a Uber Accident Attorney. Be sure the lawyer services the Downey area.
Hopefully, your experiences with Uber have always been wonderful. If not and you were injured in an accident, be sure to follow the guidelines laid out above and speak with an Uber Accident Attorney as soon as possible.
An attorney will help you navigate the legal system so you can have the best chance of winning your lawsuit. With a lawyer, your chance of maximizing your settlement is much greater. You’ll want the best legal counsel available.
An Uber accident lawyer in Downey will also take a lot of stress off you, which is important when you are injured. While you focus on getting better, your Downey Uber accident attorney will tend to your case.
Consult the Best Uber Accident Attorney: Rideshare Attorney in Downey
When you can’t afford to lose, call The Law Offices of Jacob Partiyeli. Jacob will fight for you and recover every dollar you are due. If you had a Uber accident in Downey, call today and see what Jacob Partiyeli can do for you – (310) 810-1919.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR CASEPlease fill out the form below.
A true Angelino, Jacob was born and raised in the city of Los Angeles. He attended Beverly Hills High School and was accepted to UCLA where he received his undergraduate degree in history. Upon graduation from UCLA, Jacob went on to earn his law degree from Abraham Lincoln University School of Law.