When you went to your local grocery store to grab a few groceries, you probably never expected that a huge box full of canned goods would fall off the shelf and bust your head open. Or when you went to a coffee shop to meet a friend, who know you’d slip on a wet floor that had no warning sign, leading to a broken neck.
Accidents happen every day in Los Angeles, Montebello, and surrounding areas. If you are a victim of someone else’s negligence, you may need a Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles to represent you. You can be sure the property owner will have a powerful attorney on their side. Shouldn’t you too?
When to Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, why should you be responsible for paying all the medical bills? You are hurt, isn’t that enough hardship?
Now you can’t work. You can’t pay your house payment or rent and are risking being kicked out and being on the street. Your utilities are at risk for being shut off too. You have to put out cab fare to get to your medical appointments and funds are running low. What about babysitting fees too? You clearly need to contact a Personal Injury Lawyer who you can count on to take the load off you and to recover the money that is rightfully yours.
There are many things to attend to when a Personal Injury claim is at hand. When you are injured, it’s difficult to take care of everything. Can you really get to the court to tend to all the matters? If you don’t do so in a timely manner due to doctor appointments and all that your injury entails, you risk losing your case. Then there are filing fee and other expenses you may not be able to afford. Many attorneys will take your case without any money down and will include your fee in the settlement petition. That will also include the upfront filing fees.
Another reason you need an attorney is to maximize your compensation. While you may get lucky and get some or all of your medical expenses taken care of in your lawsuit, a seasoned attorney can get you much more. You deserve to be reimbursed for every single expense and also deserve to be compensated for you pain and suffering. You will doubtfully get near as much in your settlement if you represent yourself.
A Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles, Montebello is a godsend when you are injured. Why not let a professional tend to your case so you have the best chance at the most optimal outcome of a bad situation? You owe it to yourself to do so. Call today and get help. Don’t go it alone. There is help and there is hope. All you have to do is to reach out and take it.
How to File a Personal Injury Claim
So you’ve been hurt in a Personal Injury situation and don’t know what you should do. Do you need to know how to file a Personal Injury Claim? The steps you will need to take include:
- Access your case. You will need to know who the lawsuit is against. There may be two or more possible defendants, so you want to be sure you are suing the right person according to the law. You will need their full name and contact information if possible.
- Decide what court has jurisdiction over your case. What area your injury took place in will determine what jurisdiction is over them. That is the court you will need to file the lawsuit in. Failure to get the correct jurisdiction will slow your case down tremendously.
- Prepare your Complaint and Summons. The paperwork must be attained and filled out properly. You can refer to online sources if you have trouble with it.
- Create the Civil Cover Sheet. You can get the paperwork from the court to create the Civil Cover Sheet. Make sure all information is correct.
- File the documents. All the documents must be filed with the court. Don’t be late or you will risk your case being thrown out due to the statute of limitations.
- Pay the filing fee. Again, failure to pay the court the filing fee can jeopardize your entire case so don’t be late.
- Have the papers served. The person you are suing must be served papers and you must arrange for that to happen.
- Pursuit your case. The court will keep you notified of any activity. If you miss a court date, you risk losing your case.
It involves a lot of time and takes some knowledge to follow through with a Personal Injury lawsuit. If you doubt whether you are up for it, you should set up a no-cost, no-obligation appointment with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles, Montebello Bakersfield, and Monterey Park who can lift the burden off you and tend to all the detail. That way, you can focus on your recovery while your attorney takes care of the legal end.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
Do you need assistance with your Personal Injury Claim lawsuit? If you are looking for a “Personal Injury Lawyer near me” and live in the Los Angeles area, look no further. Give the Law Offices of Jacob Partiyeli a call. Jacob is an expert Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles, Montebello. He will meet with you and evaluate your case to find if you have just cause for a lawsuit. If you do, he will file it and assist you in navigating through it. Jacob will fight for your rights. Call today for a no-cost, no-obligation meeting – (310) 810-1919.