Have you suffered an injury from a FedEx truck accident in Los Angeles? FedEx is a multinational holding company heavily focused on the timely transportation of goods.
It is the fifth American-headquartered global employer with 547,000 employees, many of which are FedEx delivery drivers. “When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight” is FedEx’s motto.
Employees are expected to uphold the mission of getting packages to their destinations in a speedy manner. Sometimes, that spells trouble such as when a delivery driver places timeliness before safety.
If you have been injured in a FedEx truck accident in Los Angeles, you have legal options. Commercial vehicles have certain responsibilities and regulations to uphold under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) that governs them. FedEx trucks are much larger than average vehicles and can cause substantial risks to motorists they encounter on the roads, especially when they are rushing to deliver packages.
Some of the most common reasons for wrecks involving FedEx delivery trucks in LA include:
• Not being familiar with the route
• Sleep deprivation
• Failure to adhere to traffic laws (not yielding, ignoring stop sign, etc.)
• Use of cell phone while driving
Some of the most common FedEx delivery truck injuries in LA include:
• Broken bones
• Crushed organs and bones
• Internal bleeding
• Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
• Loss of limbs
• Strains and sprains
• Mental anguish
FedEx is responsible for ensuring all the delivery trucks in operation meet regulatinos. Their employees must meet requirements too such as adhering to commercial vehicle laws and regulations such as:
• Hours of Service: The FMCSA requires FedEx delivery trucks and all commercial vehicle drivers to comply with Hours of Service regulations that limit the amount of hours commercial vehicle drivers can be on the road continuously.
• Inspection and maintenance requirements: FedEx deliver drivers and their companies are required by federal law to make sure all are well-maintained and safe to drive at all times.
• Mandatory employee background checks: FedEx is responsible for performing a background check on each of their employees to ensure they have a clean driving record and are fit to drive a company vehicle.
• Obligation to train drivers: FedEx and other companies that employ drivers are legally required to train delivery drivers in the safe handling of company vehicles.
• Maintaining the proper load requirements: The FMCSA has specifically laid out guidelines for how much weight commercial vehicles are allowed to carry and how it must be secured.
Overloading a delivery truck with more weight than it can handle or not properly securing the cargo within can lead to a greater risk of accidents and is therefore forbidden.
If FedEx and/or their employees do not hold up to their end and a delivery truck accident occurs, the State of California law is in place so you can be compensated. Since FedEx has a ferocious and aggressive team of attorneys acting on their behalf, it is imperative that you have a FedEx Delivery Vehicle Collision Lawyer to ensure the best chance of winning and maximizing your FedEx delivery truck injury claim.
If you are a victim of a FedEx delivery truck accident in LA, don’t delay. Call today. There are certain actions you need to take, and time is not on your side. A claim must be filed within two years from the date of the accident. At The Law Offices of Jacob Partiyeli, we understand how overwhelming such a traumatic experience can be. We are here to help. We work diligently and will fight for your rights so you can recover the largest settlement compensation possible. You don’t pay unless you win and there is no charge for your initial consultation. Reach out today and begin the process of putting the nightmare behind you – once and for all.