Electrocution occurs when an electrical current passes through the body, which means that anytime someone makes contact with electricity, they can sustain an injury. Electrocution is a common workplace injury. Those whose job involves working directly with electrical wires, such as linemen, electricians, cable and phone line installers are particularly at-risk; however, anyone who is exposed to electrical cords can be electrocuted. Frayed wires, damaged power cords, and malfunctioning machinery and power tools can certainly result in an electrocution, as can improperly installed or poorly maintained electrical appliances and wires. Failure to post appropriate warnings in electrical hazard areas are also a common cause for workplace electrocutions.